This has taken almost a week for me to even think about blogging this , but I will share what could of been one of the worst days in my life.
Last Saturday on the 4th of July we were having a wonderful day here on the farm had family over for a grill-out and fireworks. We had just got done eating and we all went outside to get the fireworks ready to shoot off. Pierre and Laci went outside with us.
They really enjoy having company over so they were just soaking up all the attention (almost to where it can be annoying)!
We have this huge wraparound porch and at last look the were both sitting on my nieces lap.
I was just getting up to grab a few things off the table and take them inside when I notice a car coming down the road pretty fast.
I thought to myself gosh they are going fast and the car went past the house about 50 yards and all of a sudden it locked up the brakes (SAW BRIGHT BRAKE LIGHTS) and we heard it run over something and then I heard the worst sound in my life it was my precious "Pierre" YELP!
It was only ONE yelp and in just a matter of a second my heart just fell and broke.
The next 10 seconds were a little bit fuzzy but what I recall is that I dropped the beer bottles and camera and as everyone else ran to the road with flashlights I started to run in the opposite direction I don't know, I was just so freaked out. Then the most amazing part happened Pierre ran up on the porch!!!!
It was dark out and him being gray (silver) he had ran past everybody with out them seeing him. He was shaking and believe me so was I !!!! I yelled he was up on the porch and then took him inside.... At first look he looked okay, he was not limping or crying he was still shaking and looked freaked out but so did I.
But how could this be? From what we saw and heard my brain was saying there has to be something wrong. He ran upstairs and I followed him up and he was walking fine, still shaking and shivering but he was ALIVE and looked okay -- he did not have any signs of any road rash, scrapes dirt nothing. He is a really baby and cries at the least little thing. So I looked him over again and again rubbing every inch of his body and NOTHING WAS WRONG!!!! THANK GOD!
I thought what about internal injuries? But then again I was convinced with him being such a little guy and the big baby that he is and me rubbing every party of his body surely if he had gotten hit or rolled he would be bruised and sore. So after about 15 minutes I was pretty sure he had just had a close call.
Now I have never heard him scream or yelp because of being scared so we really don't know what happened.
By this time Bruce and the others had gone and looked down the road and said they saw nothing.
I stayed with him and Laci upstairs during most of the fireworks I ran back downstairs a few time to check on everybody, but my mind was on Pierre (sometime during this period I did take a xanax).
By the time everybody had finished the fireworks and came in Pierre and I were ready to come downstairs and say good-bye to everybody. He acted his normal self jumping and and running around he had kisses for all!
After everyone left I and it was just me and Bruce the tears and all my fear I could let out. How stupid could I have been not to keep my eyes on him.
Then our attention turned to our cats, could it be one of them got hit and then ran off into a field? Our Cole showed up as soon as everyone left and our other Cat Yankee showed up the next day about noon. Nothing unusual about that this time of year the stay out a lot (hunting season for them).
So as of 12 noon on Sunday the 5th of July all pets accounted for and all in good shape---whew what a relief.
For those of you that don't know me that well I am a lunatic about my "Babies" and I still can't stop beating myself up over this. The cats they are the indoor/outdoor type so when we let them out deep down side we know that there is a chance something could happen I guess ( I try not to think about it) but when Pierre and Laci go out I am with them ALWAYS no ifs ands or buts! We live on a farm in the middle of nowhere on 233 acres we have no fence so I watch them like a hawk when they go out. At night we go out with a flashlight. So you can't even imagine how stupid I feel, I thought they were right there on the porch and they were until Pierre in the darkness sneaked off and I guess only him his angel and the people in that car will know what happened that night.
I just thank GOD that Pierre was spared that night. My heart would of been broken forever.








3 comments:
Yes, that was a bad night, I remember you texting me, I could tell how upset you were and didn't know what to tell you except keep an eye on him for a problem...by the way i think i will let the peeps know that Pierre is at least 11 years old and what teeth he has left you take very good care of!!! Love you...wasn't Bobee's time..
Nope it wasn't THank GOD!
oh thank goodness, he's okay. I would have a stroke! I might have to be hooked up to an IV if something like that happened here. If Punk gets loose, he heads straight for the road. Judge just hangs out around the yard.
So glad Pierre is doing well.
Post a Comment